Preparing to Teach in the Lifelong Learning Sector Level 3
Who needs this qualification?
The PTLLS will introduce you to the knowledge and skills required to develop and deliver programmes, provide learning support and take responsibility in managing the learning process in post 16 education.
It is ideal for those entering teaching or training roles, those already in service who need the minimum threshold status, as a teacher or trainer within a further education college, adult and community learning centre or work based learning or training provider organisation.
· To be able to understand their own role, responsibilities and boundaries of role in relation to teaching
· To be able to understand appropriate teaching and learning approaches within a specialist area
· To be able to demonstrate their session planning skills – plan, deliver, observe and evaluate a micro teach session
· To be able to understand how to deliver inclusive sessions that motivate learners
· To be able to understand the use of different assessment methods
· To be able to understand and analyse the need for accurate record keeping and procedures that can be adopted – including internal and external assessment information
Duration – 30 training hours (must be completed within 6 months of start date)
Accreditation – Highfield Awarding Body for Compliance Ltd
Assessment – Various pathways, please contact us for further information.
Prerequisite – None
Suggested progression – Level 3 or Level 4 Certificate in Teaching in the Lifelong Learning Sector