Back to the blog

Licensing and What You Can Do

Licensing and What You Can Do

What are we doing with the Licensing Laws in the UK? They are there to ensure that we are keeping to the Licensing Objectives. But what are they and what do we need to do?

The Licensing Objectives are

  • Prevention of crime and disorder
  • Public safety
  • Prevention of public nuisance
  • Protection of children from harm.

You don’t have to be running a pub, or restaurant or generally one of those establishments that you think about for the selling of alcohol. You might be in charge of events at your local school, the village events and you are looking to raise money.Drinking rugbyDid you realise that one of the easiest ways of raising money is to sell alcohol or to have a raffle?

The profit margin can be huge. But at the same time you do not want to be encouraging unorganised or unsupervised drinking or gambling but it can be kept fun.

There are a number of activities that can not be run without a Personal or Premises licence. You can not apply for a premises licence without a Personal licence. Holding a Personal licence means that you can hold temporary events licences for those school, charity, group, club events, weddings, or parties.

What do you need to know?

  • The age that you can sell and supply alcohol
  • What is a unit of alcohol
  • What to do if you suspect the selling of drugs
  • What is a licensable activity?

Drinking has often been given as a public nuisance issue within the UK, we can all help this not be the case with knowing what the law is and ensuring that we follow it.

Do you want to get to know more? Contact us and join one of our courses.


Share this post


Simple Share Buttons