Food Safety for Catering, Manufacturing and Retail Level 3
Who needs this qualification?
Managers and supervisors in small, medium or large catering, manufacturing or retail businesses. Particularly relevant for those who have to develop or monitor HACCP based food safety management procedures and systems.
Why is this training important?
Anyone working in a supervisory position in the food business is, not only responsible, but also accountable for food safety. It is therefore vital that they are equipped with both the knowledge and confidence to do their job effectively.
· Ability to implement and supervise a food safety management system
· Understand food safety
· Understand the concept of food hazards and the risk associated with them
· Understand the terminology with respect to supervising food safety
· Understand the techniques involved in controlling and monitoring food safety
· Appreciate the risks linked to cross contamination
· Understand the role temperature has to play in the control of food safety
· Appreciate the importance of supervising high standards of cleanliness in food premises
Duration – 18 hours or as a self learning package
Accreditation – Highfield Awarding Body for Compliance Ltd
Assessment – Multiple choice examination
Prerequisite – Recommended understanding and knowledge of basic food hygiene
Suggested progression – CIEH Level 4 Award in Food Safety