NUCO 1 Day Emergency First Aid (FAW)
Who needs this qualification?
Employees that are nominated to act as an ‘appointed person’ in the workplace, or anyone who, as a part of their employment or day to day life, requires suitable first aid training.
Why is this training important?
First Aid is the first line of defence in promoting recovery, preserving life and preventing any condition from getting worse. Emergency first aid is a practical step for low risk businesses to prove that they are fulfilling their duty of care to their employees. The emergency first aid course is also a practical course for every day life.
- Assess emergency situations and carry out appropriate action including informing emergency services
- Carry out artificial ventilation’s and chest compressions
- Place a casualty into the recovery position and know how to use this position
- Clear obstructed airways
- Control severe bleeding
- Recognise and treat shock
- Understand the requirements of a first aid kit and how to report accidents in the workplace
- Recognise and treat illness
- Deal with burns and scalds
- Recognise and treat fractures
- Use of the Defribrillator
Duration – 6 hours
Accreditation – NUCO FAA Training
Assessment – Active participation
Prerequisite – None
Suggested progression – 3 Day First Aid at Work